Through June 1st
Spray Tan $40.00 NOW $20.00
Laser Hair Removal
Purchase 1 Bikini treatment and receive 1 free underarm treatment
Refirme Skin Tightening
Treatment $600.00 NOW $500.00
April is Rosacea Awareness Month Please come in for a complimentary consult to see how we can help you!
Mother’s Day ViPeel
Now Only $280.00
Normally $350 until May 30, 2012
Gift Certificates Available
DOCTOR’S CORNER WITH DANIEL LAUGHLIN, M.D.
Can you tell me about breast augmentation surgery and the different options in implants?
Breast augmentation surgery is a way for women to increase their breast size, and can greatly improve self-confidence and self-image.
There are several options available for type of implant, implant size, as well as incision location. The location of the incision is usually in one of three locations— under the breast, around the areola, or in the armpit. The doctors at Plastic Surgery Specialists normally prefer the incision under the breast. Saline filled implants are inflated after they are placed so the incision can be smaller. Gel implants come pre-filled and they have a more natural look and feel and are less likely to visibly ripple.
“I HAVE OTHER EXPERIENCES TO COMPARE THIS TO AND I HAVE TO SAY MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR. LAUGHLIN AND THE CENTER IN GENERAL WAS SUPERIOR. I CAN’T SAY ENOUGH.” – D. M.
During your consultation with one of our plastic surgeons, you can discuss and determine which type of implant fits your lifestyle—as well as determine the best implant size for your body type and personal preference. Breast augmentation can be performed alone or in conjunction with other breast surgeries such as a breast lift (mastopexy), which can enhance overall position of the new breasts.
The operation typically takes between one and two hours and is accomplished under general anesthesia in our outpatient facility. Patients have an extremely high rate of satisfaction with breast augmentation and the complication rates of the surgery are low.
CELEBRATING MOTHER’S DAY WITH SPECIAL PRICING ON VIPEEL
Now Only $280.00, Normally $350 until May 30, 2012
Call to Schedule Your Appointment! 800.570.7600.
TOP 6 QUESTIONS ABOUT JUVEDERM & RESTYLANE
Injectable fillers such as JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® can plump thin lips, enhance shallow contours, soften facial creases and wrinkles, or improve the appearance of recessed scars. The results of soft tissue augmentation with injectable fillers are not permanent and this allows you to better maintain a natural appearance. The continued aging of your face will affect how long your results last; should you choose not to repeat treatment, your appearance will return to its original condition. Plumped lips will lose volume and improved wrinkles, creases and scars will visibly recess and fully reappear in time.
1. What is Juvederm? What is Restylane? JUVÉDERM® and Restylane® are both made with hyaluronic acid, which is a natural substance found in our bodies. It is well suited to plump thin lips and fill facial creases. It may also be appropriate for some surface wrinkles and concave scars.
2. How is the procedure performed? Injected under the skin, dermal fillers instantly restore your skin’s volume and smooths away facial wrinkles and folds. The injection process takes only about 30 minutes and results are immediate.
3. Will the procedure hurt? Injections may cause some discomfort during and after the procedure. The consistency of the filler allows your doctor to administer it easily and smoothly. The gel is injected directly into the skin using a fine needle to reduce discomfort.
4. How do l prepare for the procedure? It is best to avoid alcohol in the days leading up to your treatment. In order to reduce bruising, aspirin and anti-inflammatory medications (Advil) should be avoided approximately 72 hours before treatment.
5. How long does it last? The effects normally last five to nine months, but can last up to a year. Several factors can impact this including how much of a correction is needed, and how your body metabolizes the hyaluronic acid.
6. Who shouldn’t receive injectable filler? Patients who are pregnant, breast feeding or have a neurological disease should not be treated.
WHY USE PHYSICIAN NUTRIENTS™?
Not all supplements are made the same. Ask yourself how much you know about your supplements.
1. Are the ingredients of high quality and purity standards? Is my fish oil free from heavy metals and PCBs, often found in the fish themselves and may be concentrated in my supplement I take every day?
2. Are they bioavailable, do they break down so my body can utilize them? Are they the right form of the nutrient for my body to use, are the minerals chelated so that I can absorb them?
3. Are they combined with the correct nutrients to allow my body to use them more effectively?
4. Are they made according to high standards and manufacturing guidelines? Does each capsule/tablet contain exactly what is states on the label or was there inexact mixing which can vary the dose?
5. Do my supplements have artificial sweeteners, colors and only a limited amount of fillers? Can my body tolerate a daily dose of unwanted substances, and other chemicals that are incidental to the manufacturing process; artificial colors, sucrose, glycols, magnesium stearate?
6. Is my supplement the right dose and form of the supplement for optimum results? Is the dosing researched and scientifically based?
7. Is my supplement “old science”? Are there much better, evidence-based options now?
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent disease.
David H. Lowe, M.D. • D. Paul Buhrer, M.D.
Daniel Laughlin, M.D. • Christopher J. Spittler, M.D.
plasticsurgeryspec.com • pssmedispa.com
Annapolis • Severna Park • Easton • Prince Frederick